Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3) by L. J. Shen -- Book Review

December 20, 2017


Published September 21st 2017
Ebook

 They call him The Mute for a reason.


Hard, cold and calculated, he rarely speaks.

When he does, it’s with disdain.
When he does, his words aren’t meant for me.
When he does, my stomach flips and my world tilts on its axis.
He is thirty-three.
I am eighteen.
He’s a single dad and my father’s business partner.
I’m just a kid to him and his enemy’s daughter.
He’s emotionally unavailable.
And I am…feeling. Feeling things I shouldn’t feel for him.
Trent Rexroth is going to break my heart. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s inked on my soul.
And yet, I can’t stay away.
A scandal is the last thing my family needs. But a scandal is what we’re going to give them.
And oh, what beautiful chaos it will be.

Review:

How it is Possible that every book that I read from this author gets better than the last? It shouldn’t be possible, but I came to learn that she’s just a badass author that can write a kickass romance book in a heartbeat…


Scandalous was exactly that. Scandalously breathtaking.

I closed the distance between us, simply watching her. Standing over her. Fuck, I was one step away from a restraining order, but it was hard not to look. She revived something in me, just as she had with Luna. I didn’t know what it was, but I relished the unsolicited warmth that came with it. What was really shitty, though, was that both Luna and I were fucked, because this girl had her heart somewhere else.



I couldn’t get my hands off this book no matter how hard I tried. The story itself is so addicting and the main characters are just balls of personality that clash every time they meet. It’s so entertaining and unbelievably hot that you can feel every inch of the sexual tension between those two. The author managed to create two distinct personalities that complement each other oh so well. She didn’t only create a swoon worthy couple, but she gave them life with their stories. They’re both broken. They have both been trough hell. Trent was left with a child that does not speak and no matter how hard he tries he can’t make her happy. Eddie puts up with a father that despises her and a mother that’s absent. It’s all a rollercoaster of fucked up. And I found myself taking in their pain and their frustrations as my own. I always say, if a book can get me to want to go inside of it and kick some ass it’s a great book. And it did just that. I wanted to knockout anyone who tried to hurt them.

And then there’s us. Me. Trent. Our love. Our love draws attention like a wildfire. We’re a biracial couple with a huge age gap. We carry baggage in the form of two kids. It looks bad. Tragic, even. Not half as photogenic as Vicious’ perfect little family, or Jaime’s gorgeous fair-haired nest, or Dean’s sweet, no age-gap, no-nonsense household. We’re different, and we wouldn’t change it for the world.

Even though the main characters both have massive personalities this book also focused a lot on the secondary characters. They are equally as good as Trent and Edie and they complement their story beautifully. You have so many people such as friends and family that are a part of this and the author let’s their personality shine freely. And all of them brought something great to the story, no matter how small. Of course, some of them were stupid little shits, like Edie’s father. But let’s ignore him, shall we?


Asides from all this awesomeness that kept me up until five in the morning, this book made me laugh, cry and go crazy at the same time. It’s incredibly entertaining and sarcastic. The sexual tension is over the roof and the sexy scenes are just to die for. The writing was great and straight to the point. The characters were exciting as hell and the plot thickens every time you turn a page. And it also has a happy ending. 

“Good. I always enjoyed the broken in the fairy tales better. The apple always looked shinier because I knew it could destroy me. The villain was just damaged and misunderstood, and the monster…” I leaned on my tiptoes, biting the tip of his ear, just barely reaching his impossible height. “I always kept the door to my closet a little ajar as a kid to make sure it could come out in case it wanted to play.” 

His breath skated on my neck, hot and wanting and deliriously fresh. 

“The monster wants to play.”º

I couldn’t ask for more and loved every bit of it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews