King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard Book Review and QUOTES!

December 17, 2017

ebook, 528 pages

Published February 7th 2017 by HarperTeen

Mare Barrow is a prisoner, powerless without her lightning, tormented by her lethal mistakes. She lives at the mercy of a boy she once loved, a boy made of lies and betrayal. Now a king, Maven Calore continues weaving his dead mother's web in an attempt to maintain control over his country—and his prisoner.

As Mare bears the weight of Silent Stone in the palace, her once-ragtag band of newbloods and Reds continue organizing, training, and expanding. They prepare for war, no longer able to linger in the shadows. And Cal, the exiled prince with his own claim on Mare's heart, will stop at nothing to bring her back.

When blood turns on blood, and ability on ability, there may be no one left to put out the fire—leaving Norta as Mare knows it to burn all the way down.

Review:

I’m the one that’s going to be rebelling right now. Are you freaking kidding me? Cal? I’m so ready to punch him in the face and make him swallow his stupid little crown. Damn it. I really didn’t think we would have this kind of betrayal at the end. It’s so unfair. For Mare. For US! It’s UNFAIR!

I thought I knew what heartbreak was. I thought that was what Maven did to me. When he stood and left me kneeling. When he told me everything I ever thought him to be was a lie. But then, I believed I loved him. I know now, I didn’t know what love was. Or what even the echo of heartbreak felt like. To stand in front of a person who is your whole world and be told you are not enough. You are not the choice. You are a shadow to the person who is your sun.


So now you know that this story ends with a twist. A Dark one at that. So be warned that you are going to be angry as hell.

Every light sizzles and blinks out as I pass. Glass shatters, electricity spits. The air buzzes like a live wire. It caresses my open palms, and I shiver at the feel of such power. I thought I had forgotten what this was like. But that’s impossible. I can forget almost everything else in this world, but not my lightning. Not who and what I am.

King’s Cage is all about getting Mare back. Back from that asshole called Maven. But we still get to see her locked up and we see every brutality they will make her go through. Mare will be locked up at least for 6 months and in the mean time we have chapter that show us how the other side (Cal’s side) is coping without her. So, it’s told from different POV’s. I really appreciated that.  

The entire time Mare was a prisoner I was so ready for her to break free and kick some ass, which she did but much further along in the book. In the meantime, whilst she’s arrested we get to see her interacting with Maven and I must admit I understood him much better. I understood finally the dynamic he had with his mother and what she did to him. It’s not an excuse to be an EVIL FUCK. But still.

When Mare was finally rescued was awesome and Cal and Mare finally had their romantic time. I was so excited when they got along. But then life happened…. Stupid Cal.

When I think the books cannot get more kickass, the author surprises me with another book filled with war and a ton of action. You will never feel bored. And it’s great to see the loyalty and perseverance of the characters stick until the very end. And now, onto the next book and hoping that it can Top King’s Cage. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews