Cole by Tijan Book Review + Quotes

December 19, 2017


Paperback, 256 pages

Published February 27th 2017

I shouldn’t have remembered him.
He was just a guy who walked through a restaurant. I didn't know his name. We never made eye contact. There was no connection between us at all.

But I could feel him.
The tingle down my spine. The command in his presence. The snap of tension in the air around him. That was the first time I saw him, and I was captivated.
The second time was different.
He was in the mysterious back elevator of my apartment building. Our eyes met for a fleeting second before the doors closed, and I was staggered. My breath was robbed. My senses on high alert. My body hummed.
That was just the beginning.
He was the leader of the mafia. I was about to fall in love with him, and his name…
Cole Mauricio 

Review:


You know when you read a good romance/action book and when it ends you just want to curl up in a ball and hibernate until the next book comes out? Now imagine that situation but with a standalone book… I DON’T HAVE A SECOND BOOK AND I WANT ONE NOW BECAUSE THIS WAS FUCKING PERFECT.
I stared at someone I didn’t know. I went to bed with him. I spent time with him. I ran with him. I laughed with him. I felt with him. I became alive with him. And God, staring at him now, all I wanted to do was throw myself in his arms again. Fuck everything else.
COLE MAURICIO…. TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME? Yes please, I’d like one of that ASAP! I may even go as far as saying he is my favorite book boyfriend of the year. He’s charming, dangerous and hot as hell… And he has that casual smirk and chiseled abs that we can only dream of. In this story he is the Mafia Boss and he’s a character that had to deal with the loss of his entire family, which is super sad, but when he is in his Boss mode he’s a kickass character. He oozes power and sex. And I think I might be in love… JK.
He drew a deep breath, his eyes growing soft. “I’m going to do everything you want me to do. I won’t do anything you don’t want me to. If you want me to hold you, I’ll never let you go. If you want me to kiss you all night long, you’ll have to buy me chapstick in the morning. Anything you want, I’ll do.” He carried me to the bed and laid me down. His arms never let me go. He bent over me, my arms and legs still wrapped around him. His forehead rested against mine, so softly, matching his voice, “Except leave. That’s the only thing I won’t do.” His eyes searched my face, studying every detail.
“I’m going to help you become Addison once more. Just you. Just me. No one else.” And then, as his mouth touched mine, gently, tenderly, he did as he’d promised.
Cole was in the mafia. The motherfucking mafia.
Addison Bowman was also my favorite character to get to know. She recently suffered the death of her husband so she’s still coping to a life without him, and then she decides to move in into one of the most exclusive buildings of the city to try and move on. Then she meets Cole and its passion at first sight. I really liked her from the beginning, she’s so relatable and it’s good to see her overcome her pain and fall in love one more time.
The main characters come with their best-friends. Addison has a socialite as hers. And Cole has a killer as his. And they are both intense as HELL. And funny too. Even the killer.
When it comes to the mafia part of the book, it has so much fucking action and gunshots and drama, I can’t get over it! It’s awesome and it’s impossible you’re ever bored reading this. And the romance scenes are so intense. Addison and Cole really did have a connection and Tijan explored that to the max. I loved it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews