Badd Motherf*cker (Badd Brothers, #1) by Jasinda Wilder // Book Review

December 26, 2017


// Goodreads //
// Buy on Amazon //

Dru was ready to walk down the aisle, but when she found her soon to be husband with another woman, she decided it was time for a change. Therefore, she hoped in a plane and hauled herself to Alaska. There, she meets captivating Badd Brother called Sebastian. One thing leads to another and they both start falling for each other. Then, add to the mix another seven volatile brothers that are coming into town, and you got the recipe for disaster.

Badd Motherf*cker with that title alone I expected a hot-as-sin book. Instead I got a cute, funny book that was super-fast paced and easy to read, but really unrealistic. The whole story spanned out in a really short time frame. And in that time frame we had a lot going on. The leading couple fell in love, Dru figured out the meaning to her life and we were introduced to 8 different brothers. All with different personalities and all intense as hell. All of this in a relatively small book. I felt like it should have had more time to dig into the stories and into the main characters.

A badass female is just what I like in a book and I didn’t dislike Dru at all, but I felt like she didn’t have the strength that the author tried to portray. For such a badass girl, she spent half the book crying. I get that she was cheated on but have some respect for yourself girl. For a girl that could kick a guy twice her size, I expected more. Overall, I liked her, and she was fun to read about, but she wasn’t a complex character at all.

I don’t really know what to say about Sebastian. He has that alpha male vibe going on, with the tattoos and the hard personality, which I always appreciate. He was a good main character but with more realness he could have been even better. I mean, who the heck offers a stranger, after being insulted by her, bed and breakfast? Seriously, he should have kicked her out. It was unreal for me, but he was still funny and went all caveman at times. 

I liked that the author introduced the eight brothers in very distinct parts of the book, otherwise I would not have told them apart as well as I did. I also appreciated that we could clearly see all the different personalities in all of them. That’s bonus points!


Overall the book was good. It’s a lightweight book to read if you’re in need of some quick romance that is too good to be true or If you like eight Alpha males all stuck in a tiny house together. The important thing is that I had fun and I laughed whilst reading this. I liked it. And I will be reading the next one. 

3.5/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews