Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1) by L. J. Shen - Book Review + Quotes

December 21, 2017

Kindle Edition, 328 pages
Published December 27th 2016


Emilia


They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares.
He is a brilliant lawyer.
A skilled criminal.
A beautiful liar.
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist.
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom.
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down.
She paid the price.
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate.
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t.
So she hates me. Big fucking deal.
She better get used to me.


Review: 


My last review was of Scandalous. And it told us the story of Trent, which I loved. But within that story we got to meet Vicious and I just knew I had to read the book dedicated to him and Emilia. So, here I stand just minutes after putting the book down and how to I feel, you ask? I feel like I just read the most amazing, ruthless book ever. Why? Because I’m still smiling like a complete idiot after the last chapter and I’m in desperate need for more books related to these two. Don’t get me wrong the ending was just perfect and sweet (well, as sweet as Vicious can get) but, I want more. No. I NEED more.

“My obsession. My muse. My enemy. “All” 


This book tells us the story of the ruthless Vicious and the starving artist named Emilia. It starts with telling us a bit of how they met and moves on from there. So, Emilia was the daughter of Vicious housekeepers and because he though she knew a secret of his, he made her life hell. From there on, he starts to fall in love with her and then ends up sending her away. Now, ten years later they meet. And neither has forgotten their feeling for the other. And let’s thank the gods for it!

Vicious was so bittersweet for me. One moment something happens were you just want to punch him and the other you want to love him because he’s just misunderstood. But his character is so well written. I really sympathized with him even though he’s a jerk most of the times. And when you get to find out his life story you’ll see exactly why he does things to push people away. He's a merciless jerk with a heart of gold.

"I loved her when I hated her."

I was expecting Emilie to quickly become a cliché character that just accepted Vicious bullshit and forgave him for everything. But no! This girl stood her ground and defended herself when she felt the need to. And told him to fuck off if needed be. I loved her. I haven’t liked a female character that much in quite a while.

"Her indifference to my power somewhat disarmed me. Most people felt helpless around me. Emilia Leblanc never had."

The book is the perfect combination of a Love and Hate. It draws you in with its flawed characters that keep on making stupid mistakes every step of the way but at the end want nothing more than be with each other. The story itself is so addicting and has none of the usual clichés. The writing is so entertaining, funny and straight to the point. It has L. J. Shen written all over it. And she is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers! If I had to spot a flaw it would be that it's too short. That's it. 

5/5 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews