The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor oil, #1) by Kristen Ashley Book Review + Quotes

December 24, 2017


// Goodreads //
// Buy on Amazon //

I’m so glad I found this book I really am. It’s not only entertaining and super awkward at times (which I loved) but it has a captivating romance that gives you plenty of butterflies!

She trusted him that completely. And no one else. She’d never given that to anyone else. But he had that from the beginning.


The story brings us Eliza that just moved into a new town and happened to have a one-night stand with a super-hot, super-nice, super-rich and super-friendly guy called Johnny. One thing leads to the other and they both start having feelings for each other. But there is a catch, Johnny already gave his heart out to another woman and now it’s up to Eliza to get it back.

If this synopsis doesn’t lure you in, I don’t know what will. Reading this, I already knew it was going to be a rocky road until the main couple ended together. And so, it was! Johnny and Eliza went trough a crazy rollercoaster the entire book. There was always something or someone coming up that kept them for being together. And I, as a romance junkie, was going crazy! But they were so sweet. Their romance was so pure, and it wasn’t instant at all. They took their time getting to know each other and getting to know their backgrounds, and life story. I loved every bit of it. The romance happened very naturally which I always appreciate! So, you can read and feel the affection between them growing.

Eliza was the most awkward character ever, but she was so genuine and likeable. I loved her! She has extremely long monologues, though. But she never gets boring, in fact when she rambles and rambles for pages at a time, it made me laugh and cry, but it never bored me. She’s unique let’s say. Her personality makes her talk all the time about completely random things… . She’s an adorable dork. Her background story was super interesting as well. 

I started it and waved at him and didn’t worry that I looked like a dork. I was his dork. Johnny Gamble’s dork. His sex kitten. His woman. So I could wave like a dork if I wanted to.

I must say it took me a while to like Johnny. I though that because he had another woman in his heart he wouldn’t even let Eliza have a chance. But no, the big boy was strong enough to open his heart to her. And the way the author wrote about him, made him into a true gentleman. He was kind and smart and hardworking. And hot. HOT! SO HOT!

“That’s the guy I am. Yours . Simple. That’s it. And you’re mine. Mine , Iz. And we take care of each other. And we look after those in our hearts and lives. So the Forrester Girls Club has a new member, baby. And he’s got a dick"


The secondary characters were also so well written. They let the couple be the main focus but when they were needed they only complemented the storyline. And all of them had distinct personalities that were so much fun. You had, the sassy friend, the hot brother, the stupid ex, the tortured sister and so much more.

The book itself is quite long but I didn’t feel like it was hard to read at all. In fact, I was surprised by how fast I read it because I couldn’t put it down.  The writing is concise and straight to the point. The story is sweet and romantic with the right amount of danger. Kristen Ashley did a wonderful job!

4/5 Stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews