Bad at Love by Karina Halle // Book Review + Quotes //

December 25, 2017


// Goodreads //
// Buy on Amazon //

The Artist’s Trilogy and Dirty Angels by Karina Halle were awesome, easily two of the most intense books I’ve ever read. So, the bar was raised high for Bad at Love. And Karina Halle gave us another intense book, a lot less dark but still freaking amazeballs!!!


So here I am, by the fireplace with this book in hand and feeling super happy. Bad at love is all that it’s cranked up to be, funny, super romantic, cheesy and genuine. It’s easy to read and it’s going to leave you with a smile on your face.

This man is no longer just my friend. He’s no longer my Laz in that sense. He’s a man that I’m giving my heart over to, whether he knows it or not, whether I want to or not. There’s no reasoning, no deciding. It’s done .

He’s a man who’s going to ruin me. And for once, I just want to be ruined .

 Ravaged .

Claimed.

The story is about two best friends, Laz and Marina. A poet and a beekeeper. From the start they both share a strong physical attraction but choose to only be friends. After a while, they both realize that they suck in the dating world. Laz is jumping from one girlfriend to another, and Marina just can’t get past the third date. So, what’s the sensible thing to do? Date each other.

I admit I immediately connected with Marina. She’s a goof ball and soooo awkward at times. I loved her passion for Bees and how when she got nervous she kept on rambling about them non-stop. Seriously, I’ve learnt more about bees in this book than in my entire life.  And I adored that about her. It made her truly captivating. I also liked that I saw myself in her all the time! She’s so relatable.

“Why on earth are you comparing me to Taylor Swift ?”

 A small smile creeps across her lips. “Because you’re both a fan of using relationships and break-ups for creative material .”

 Ouch .

The same thing went for Laz, but instead of awkward he was super cheesy. He had tons of bee related jokes and they were really bad jokes, but I found myself so entertained by that.

Both were incredibly well-built characters. But this is no surprise coming from Karina because she’s the best. They were both vulnerable enough that we got to know them well. We saw their fears and their passions in life and we saw them overcoming all of that together. Even though to overcome it they fucked up countless times. And the story is told by their POV’s, so you get as much Marina as you get Laz! Both as individuals are amazing, but when you put them together. Oh, man. It’s perfection.

This . My woman . My person . My future . My everything .

I super recommend this book. It’s a relatively small book that made me feel super well while I was reading it. The story is real and raw, and it shows you the ups and downs of dating your best friend and finding true Love in the meantime. Karina Halle doesn’t cut corners and wrote characters that we all see ourselves in. If you haven’t read this book yet, please do! 

4.5/5 Stars

// More by this author //

// Dirty Angels (Dirty Angels, #1) Review //


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews