Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1) by Kristy Cunning // REVIEW

February 24, 2018


// Goodreads //

Genre: Paranormal Fantasy
Rating: 4.5 stars

----------------

I'm not so different from most people. 
Like everyone else, I have life goals. 

Goal #1: Become a real girl instead of this invisible ghost thing I currently am. 

Goal #2: Convince the four men I've been haunting for the past five years to pick me to be their new toy after goal one is complete. 

Goal #3: Figure out who/what I am and why I can't remember anything past the five years I've been haunting this quad. 

Goal #4: Eat popcorn. 

See? Perfectly normal. Sort of. 
Gotta start small, after all. 
It's not like anyone else is perfect either. 

----------------

Review:

OKAY EVERYONE, HOLD YOUR HORSES AND READ THIS ASAP.

If you like fantasy books with paranormal elements and sizzling romance in a reverse harem… Four Psychos is a must read! It incorporates all the paranormal elements, such as demons, a nasty hell king – Lucifer -, his children – all tricksters- and a lot of gore. As well as, four hot guys, an incredibly sarcastic/funny female lead and a bond between them that creates situations that are just too crazy to deal with. It’s funny, quirky and entertaining as hell -pun intended-.

 I’ve since perfected my own personal fantasy. Living. Watching. Learning. I know all four of them as if they’re my real life family. Well, not family. My people. There. But they have no clue I even exist.

Let me start by addressing the four guys. They were hot. Seriously hot. All of them had their own individual personalities and managed to shine trough. All had distinct relationships with the main girl but had one thing in common: they were all assholes to her. Yes. ASSHOLES, not just psychos. I’m talking about EZEKIEL, KAI, GAGE AND JUDE – I love Ezekiel the most BTW. I loved the way the author wrote them, making them more than just caveman with a need to protect the girl, they had fears and a background story that is as mysterious as them. Hopefully, the next book will elaborate on that.



The relationship between these four guys and the girl was very intense. They didn’t hit it off from the beginning. In fact, they wanted to kill her when she became visible. She quickly convinced them it was a bad idea, though. I loved our main female lead. She was funny and lovable and knew how to put the boys in their place. She’s also a character that’s trying to find out her past and what she really is, because she doesn’t know. We don’t get a lot of answers regarding these questions, but in the next book I’m sure answers will be known.

I’m neither here nor there. Alive nor dead.

The story is just amazing. It's Super original with tons of dangerous situations, Scheming guys, death threats and deadly trials. The book itself is fast paced and never boring. In my opinion the romance could have been more developed, but I understand why it wasn't.

Overall, Four Psychos, surprised the heck out of me. It’s super entertaining, funny and dangerous. I couldn’t get enough of it! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews