Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1) by Jaymin Eve & Jane Washington -- YA Book Review --

November 21, 2017




Kindle Edition, 298 pages
Published February 28th 2017

ASIN B01NBVOYKN

In Minatsol, being a dweller means that you are literally no better than dirt. In fact, dirt might actually be more useful than Willa. Her life will be one of servitude to the sols, the magic-blessed beings who could one day be chosen to become gods. 

At least her outer village is far removed from the cities of the sols, and she won’t ever be forced to present herself to them... Until one small mistake changes everything, and Willa is awarded a position to serve at Blesswood, the top sol academy in the world—a position that she definitely did not earn. 

Under the sudden, watchful eye of the gods, she will be tasked to serve the Abcurse brothers, five sols built of arrogance, perfection and power. They are almost gods themselves, and under their service she is either going to end up sentenced to death, or else they are going to ruin her so badly that she will wish for it. 

Either way, she is in trouble.

Review:

Okay so if this synopsis does not drawn you in, the cover should. Look at that beautiful purple and that beautiful dress and all of that. It's perfect!

So I must say I love me some YA. It's fun and flirty. Easy to read and you always get some good laughs while you're at it. And this book delivered all of that, and then some more! It's perfect. The story is unique, the characters are super funny and laidback and the main girl Willa is just way too precious for me. She's amazing. Not boring at all...

“Where’s the creativity, gods? I didn’t see why Death couldn’t have pink. Or purple. What if he liked sparkles?”

Willa is a Dweller. That being said she is not lucky at all and she is treated like trash, until she is offered a position at Blesswood. Blesswood is an academy for Sols (yup, you know it's about to get good) and All of them are beautiful Sols. Seriously, there is not one ugly person at this school. And all of the guys are tall and handsome and shit. I'd love to go there.

I didn't think I would like Willa at all. First of all she is really clumsy. Like, she gets hurt like no one and she gets herself into situations you wouldn't think could happen at all. But she is so much fun. Now she's my girl and I'm cheering for her so bad! Go, Willa!

“It’s your own fault, Will. What did I tell you about walking?” “That I should leave it to the experts,” 

Willa as you may notice is a kind of name that could be of a guy or a girl. You can't really tell. So she is mistaken for a boy right at the start. So she has to clean the men's ward at the school. Which BTW is like sooooo funny... And because of that she meets the most powerful Sols there are. The ABCURSE Brothers.... YES!
Resultado de imagem para so funny gifs



The brothers are all Sols, but really powerful ones. They are also really intense and really funny. And they're all beautiful and each has their own power... Like I was obsessed with them. At first I didn't think that having five guys and one girl was really going to work but I loved Willa so much that I gave the rest of the characters a change and I do not regret it at all. They all blended so nice and the brothers made the story ten times better. And when you add a clumsy girl named Willa with five Powerful beautiful Sols with five different personalities... It's just great. And I giggled the whole time. It's that good.

“They moved as a single unit of zero-fucks-given through the crowd.” 

The story itself was really well written. The whole book is not big at all and it took me like four hours to finish it all because I loved it so much. It has funny moments. A dramatic story where you'll be at the edge of your seat and a fantastic world of the gods where Willa has to survive and barely makes it out alive several times.
Also, there are going to be five books in total and each of the books are named after a power of one of the brothers. That's genius and just makes me want to read all of them even more. And if the covers are as god as this one and if the story maintains it's uniqueness, I can already tell it's one of my favorite series of this whole year.

Now I'm going to read Persuasion and keep on laughing like a crazy woman...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews