Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This review just went Mental...

August 28, 2013


Am I the only one having a major freak-out after the way this book ended? Because, honestly I am a little dumbstruck. Jennifer L. Armentrout left us with a big cliffhanger and I vote that that's not fair. Yes, it drives the Lux Series fanatics crazy but at the same time it's maddening because now we have too wait I-don't-know-how-many-months to know the results of the last page...


The second that this book came I was so happy. Seriously, people kept asking me why I was smiling like a goof and I just kept tearing the box apart to get to the book. It wasn't a pretty sight. But oh well. They are used to it.

Is it just me or this book was rocking it? It had everything you expect in a alien book (the previous ones had it as well but more toned out) but amplified. You have dangerous car chases, crazy scientists that deserve to have their faces punched in,  new weapons that can kill everything (literally, everything), you have humans trying to fight the aliens and believing that what they are doing is a good thing and finally you have the most passionate book in this series so far. I dare anyone to talk shit about this book because it was the best one by far....
 “Did you think you could stop me?” Power shot from me, smacking into the door behind Dawson, blowing it off the hinges and into the house. “I’ll burn the world down to save her.”
Daemon went Postal! We all know and love his charm and conceited attitude. It was what made me like him so much in the first place, but in Origin it's like he takes those things and maximizes it to a hundred times more. So, amazing! We all knew that the moment Katy was taken in he was going to go after her, that's how devoted and in love he is but I wasn't expecting him to walk up to the base and say: Here I am. Lock me up, take me to Kat and I will do anything you want. In this page my eyes bulged out of my head and I freaked out a tiny bit, but it is Daemon and you never now what you are going to get. But he was smart, which I never doubted he had it in him but he was extra smart in here. Before going to turn himself in, he gathered allies to make the perfect escape plan. Well, not perfect but nearly there. So the Daemon we have in this book is extra badass, because he will fight his kind and everything they throw in his way to protect Katy, he will risk himself to save his family and he will declare his love so many sweet times!
 I pulled back, dragging in air that tasted of Daemon. “We really should be talking.”  
“I know.” That half grin appeared. “That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you.”  
My mouth dropped open. “What? You haven’t been talking! You’ve been—”  
“Kissing you senseless?” he asked innocently. “Sorry. It’s all I want to do while you’re here. Well, not all I want to do, but pretty close to everything else I—”
 “I get it.” I groaned, wanting to fan my face.

 Normally in the other books we had the geek and sort of Human normal Katy. Now, we have the super ass kicker Katy. Yes, you heard me! She's the top of the class when it comes to kick some ass. Now there is an awareness to her that she didn't had before, she finally realizes that a war may be closing in on them and she knows that she will have to choose a side. We all know that we were left with some tension in Opal, when she was at the bad guys mercy and we also knew that some bad things were going to happen. But I did not see those exact bad things happening. And trust me, A LOT happens in this book! And Katy has to go trough it all and I hated that, but she did not let the challenges they threw in her way stop her or break her. She was strong and a fighter throughout the whole book. And I realized that the whole evolution that she went trough in these four books was so spectacular and distinct that she is probably one of the best character ever.
 “Really? Kat’s angry? Could it be because you’re holding her captive?” The words tasted like acid.  
“She attacked several members of my team.”  
A smile spread across my face. That’s my girl. “So sorry to hear that.”

There were so many sweet moments in the book. We had the nerdy moments, the passionate and rushed moments and the soothing calming ones. It was the best. This series has the most distinct couples ever... Daemon and Katy make a unpredictable couple and Dawson and Beth make an adorable one. So cute. Oh, and it may appear a new couple soon. My lips are sealed, but I am begging that Dee gets some sense into her head and grabs her man... Just saying...

Why do all scientist have to be crazy and happen to want to make the world a better place by ruining it? If I hated doctors before, I hate them more now. Origin has so many secrets locked so well but that are going to be revealed that you have to prepare your brain to receive some nasty information. We are introduced to a whole different species that are even more awesome than the hybrids, and get a whole new perspective about this Aliens versus Humans fights.


Dasher is a whole new brand addition to this fight, and even though we don't have many information  about him it just adds to the mystery. You have to see it to believe it.

Luc Rocks! Remember that we never had much information about Luc? Well, we do now! There are so many questions about him that are going to be answered and the kid that looks harmless is about to go mental on the book. He is definitely one of my all times favorite characters, for sure...

There were some losses in the fights that will be missed as characters but it didn't really affected me, mainly because I never really liked them. But it was sad anyway.

Origin is the best Alien book you will find. But forget the little green men because that's seriously overrated and welcome to this newer and much better Alien race. They will blow your min and infiltrate your heart, with this heart racing book.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews