A little Too Much (A little Too Far, #2) by Lisa Desrochers.--- Review and Let Down---

November 12, 2013

 

I hate it when I hate characters... But this book made me do just that to all of them asides Alessandro and Brett. A little too much was a disappointment for me, mainly because I have said it before that I think that Alessandro belongs with Lexie.

The story is quite good but I couldn't connect with all of the characters and their emotions so they all seemed bland and kind of meh...

Summary:

After giving up being a priest, Alessandro goes back to New York and finds a girl that once he wronged and left all alone. Hilary is an aspiring actress that has problems when it comes to trusting people, so when Alessandro comes back she is determined to solve things and then leave but leaving is not so easy when she starts spending more and more time with him.

Hilary is really annoying and made me throw the book away a lots of times, that's how indecisive and problematic this girl is. I liked her life story with her mom in jail and a perfect sister but the whole I-don't-trust-anyone-because-I-am-afraid-of-being-hurt is way to used and really repetitive. So I kind of zooned out throughout most of her talks in here... Because she's boring as well.
Just like in Shakespeare, when you fall head over heals in love with someone you don't even know, it's never going to end well. Love killed Juliet when she was thirteen. I made it all the way to fourteen before it nearly killed me.
Alessandro is the best thing this book has and we will finally learn more about him, about his past and about his brother... I was so curious after the last book to learn about Lorenzo and the guilt trips Alessandro has. His character has depth and is interesting so I don't really know what he's doing with Hilary mainly because they have no chemistry at all.

Hilary's sister is a complete and utter BITCH... She shares a secret that belong to Hilary but she's really unfair when it comes to that so I kind of wanted to rip the hairs of her head at once... Seriously, that's a lot of crocodile tears she will be shedding...

It wasn't a book that I have an intention of remembering tomorrow or be thinking about now. It was slow and sometimes even boring which surprised me because Lisa Desrochers is kind of awesome at writing books that will surprise you. I just hope that the next one is way better...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews