Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

March 27, 2013




Yay. I have a new book boyfriend... That sounds cheesy but oh well. Daemon is just irresistible plus his witty remarks on just about everything make him the hotter Alien ever... :)
“Maybe they’re getting some bow-chicka-pow-wow.” I looked at him. “Ew.”
This book is about the chase of Daemon trying to convince Katy about his love for her and The pursuit of the DOD trying to uncover the secrets that Dee and Daemon hide. These are the main problems, but they all spin around something else. Katy has got a problem now, because since Daemon healed  her she's got some of his powers but she does not know how to cope with hem.

And that's where Blake "the new kid" enters. He's all about the charm, he's a surfer who also has a blog. Awesome right? And now he says he can help Katy  But Can he? He has secret that Daemon will try to put on sight of everyone.

This book is all about the Humor. And who can resist all the charm and danger this story emanates? I can't...
“I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off.”
Katy and Daemon are amazing to see together even when they are at each other throats (even more then). But I could see in Onyx a sweeter side of Daemon when in Obsidian he was just trying to push her away and being annoying. So in the book we get Kate pushing her feelings for him out of the way and putting herself in danger many times for the sake of the family of Aliens that she loves. But also Dee wasn't in this story as much, probably because of a certain boy but also because Katy does not have as much time for her and without knowing is going to push her away which i though to be sad because i love Dee...
It was hard to stick to my resolve of not caving to the ridiculous notion of us being together when he was actually… nice, and when he stared at me like I was the last piece of chocolate in the whole world. Which made me think of that damn chocolate chip cookie in his mouth. 
But we see a big evolution of the characters that now act as one and consider Katy a part of the family. But i must say that  one of the character is going to die and it made me so sad to see that....

I don't have words to describe the Lux, it's just that amazing... All the fighting, the powers and the light, the love subject, the bad guys. Everything is perfect.
“That’s all I ever need to hear." 
 “Those three words?” 
           “Always those three words.”  <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews