Forget Me Not (Forget Me Not, #1) by Willow Winters

February 19, 2018


Forget me Not (Forget Me Not, #1)
 by Willow Winters


// Goodreads //

Genre: Dark Romance
Rating: 5 BIG STARS!

------------

I fell in love with a boy a long time ago. 

I was only a small girl. Scared and frightened, I was taken from my home and held against my will. His father hurt me, but he protected me and kept me safe as best he could.  Until I left him. 
I ran the first chance I got and even though I knew he wasn’t behind me, I didn’t stop. The branches lashed out at me, punishing me for leaving him in the hands of a monster.  I’ve never felt such guilt in my life. 
Although I survived, the boy was never found. I prayed for him to be safe. I dreamed he’d be alright and come back to me. Even as a young girl I knew I loved him, but I betrayed him. 
Twenty years later, all my wishes came true. But the boy came back a man. With a grip strong enough to keep me close and a look in his eyes that warned me to never dare leave him again. I was his to keep after all. 
Twenty years after leaving one hell, I entered another. Our tale was only just getting started. It’s dark and twisted. But that doesn’t make it any less of what it is. 

A love story. Our love story.

------------

Review:


Where was this book my whole life? Forget Me Not is a rare gem that I absolutely loved. It’s an incredibly complex story that approaches very dark themes, alongside incredibly well-built characters that take hold of your heart and don’t let go. It’s intense and beautiful and I don’t have enough good things to say about it.

"She’s mine to protect. Mine to keep safe."



Willow Winter is the queen of dark romance. She has a way of telling her stories in an original and captivating way that stands out from everyone else. Her books have so much raw emotion, that you can’t help but put yourself in the characters shoes.

Forget Me Not took this to a whole other level. The story is original as hell and super mysterious. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, from chapter one to chapter thirty-one. It absolutely captivated me, as it was incredibly well-crafted to hide a massive secret in the end that blew my mind! 

The characters are brilliant. ALL. OF THEM. Robin, Jay and John were dark, mysterious with complex personalities that shined through. The background they share is heartbreaking and left them broken, so this story is their path to redeem themselves and heal. In fact, the whole book is the interaction between these three, whilst they’re trying to remember the past and heal the open wounds they have from it. That whole journey is emotional and sad, but much needed. All I can say is that I cared for them deeply, but I also feared, loved and respected the hell out of them.

“Jay, you need help,” she whimpers.
 “Ah,” Jay says. “And so do you, my little bird.”




I don’t need a lot of words to say how much I enjoyed this book, because I simply don’t have them. The book speaks for itself. I encourage everyone to read this If you like meaningful romances with a dark twist, or broken characters that will leave you breathless, you’ll love this. Willow Winters did an amazing job.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews