Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2) by Raye Wagner and Kelly St.Clare // + QUOTES //

February 09, 2018


// Goodreads //

Genre: YA/FANTASY

Rating: 5 STARS

----------

I will never be controlled again.

A manipulative dragon shifter. A sexy phaetyn prince. Me? I shouldn’t even exist. 

With peace established in Verald, I should be free; Lord Tyrrik is liberated from his blood oath, after all. But the freedom in Verald is an illusion. If I remain, destruction will surely follow. 
As soon as I come into my powers, the blood-thirsty emperor of Draecon will know. Even now, he is hunting me. 

When a Phaetyn prince arrives promising safety, the solution seems perfect. A little too perfect. 

Who do you trust when everyone has lied to you? 
Should I listen with my head – or my heart? 

I might not get a choice


----------

Review: 

Blood Oath the Darkest Drae, #1 was amazing. Easily one of my favorite books. EVER. I was afraid that since I liked it so much, Shadow Wings wouldn’t be as good. I WAS WRONG. Shadow Wings managed to be even better. It left me Speechless and Blew my mind all at the same time.

"Slap me with a pancake and call me a potato!"

Shadow Wings is a book where humor, sarcasm, romance and Fantasy blend beautifully and create a story that’s hard to forget because it’s so damn entertaining. I said to myself: YOU are going to read this book slowly and enjoy every moment!! What actually happened: I could NOT put it down, therefore read it in four hours. *cries*  


This story is much more complex than the previous book. Ryn, Tyrrik and Dyter go on a mission that brings them many obstacles. It also takes them into dangerous situations that add so much action to the book. We’re introduced to so many new characters, from other kingdoms, with other cultures. I’m not even going to mention the sexy Phaetyn prince though. Cause he’s just too desperate. Not good. But, the book has a rich story that’s for sure. *And dragons* And for all of those who like romance. There’s a ton of it. The slow burning kind that makes you swoon.

He pinned me with his heated gaze. “You are my reason for being, my purpose, my world. I would do anything for you. Anything.”


Ryn is finally going to become Drae. We get to witness her transformation into Drae in Shadow Wings. It’s amazing, and it’s something I was so looking forward to. Seeing Ryn being a badass Dragon just like Tyrrik *totally better in my opinion * was just amazeballs. Seeing her learn how to shift. How to tear people in two. How to fight the growing attraction to Tyrrik just amused me to no end. Of course, she did all of this with perfect sarcasm and stubbornness.

I chewed and spoke around my food. “Um, did you want any?” 

Tyrrik snorted. “If I do?” 

I chewed again, pushing the food to the side of my mouth. “I’m not sure, honestly. I was hoping you’d say no.”

Tyrrik has come a long way. This boy *I love him* is finally owning up that he wants Ryn. He wants to be with her. But it’s not going to be an easy path. He still has to make up for everything he did to Ryn and he still has to gain her trust back. It’s hard work. But he manages just fine, even though he’s ignored about a hundred times by Ryn… Tyrrik is also going to be a big ally to her. He’s going to help her and protect her, even if it means getting hurt in the process. Which he will, many times. Prepare your heart to see him wounded. *cries again*

The Darkest Drae series is on the top 3 of my favorite books EVER. STOP everything you’re doing and please read them. It’s a perfect mix of action, fantasy, dragons, romance and comedy. Blood Oath was unbelievable. Shadow Wings was even better. Now, Black Crown is going to be even better I’m sure! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews