Taken (Give & Take, #1) by Kelli Maine

May 06, 2013



Taken is a book about an abduction. A man that is used to have everything and a girl that cares more about others than herself. He kidnapped her to an abandoned island where they both start to connect.

This book did nothing to me. I was not surprised, shocked or did fan girl giggles at any point... Taken is my opinion was a very confusing book and a book that either you will Love it fiercely or Hate it strongly.

Rachel is a stereotype with a little something going on in her head. A very bad something. She's too good to be real, too confusing and so frustrating. In one minute she's blaming him for kidnapping her and hating him for taking her will to decide then she is wondering how good he'l look without his shirt off. And in some other books it actually looks okay, like in Fifty shades of grey or the Consequences series, but in here it's like forced and it doesn't feel good.
I want to hug you, hit you, yell at you, and cry for joy.
Merrick! What are you doing? He kidnapped her all because of a job? A JOB? Please Merrick set your priority's straight okay? I know he is supposed to be this Alpha Male, filthy rich with a dark past type of guy who us readers will drool about, but he's far from it. I didn't felt nothing new with him, it's all too existing already. And what was the business about she has to be the one making the first step? He can't be the strong persona the book makes him be if he's not strong enough to even kiss her! It's crazy.
Your dimples make you look like a nice guy. You’re not a nice guy. 

I Hate not enjoying the book I've read, but this one was just not on my good list. From the first page I knew I would have trouble getting into it, The whole "You look at me" or "You start running" It's annoying. Maybe it's just me but I like the good old "He looks at me" or "He starts running", t's all about the He.
I don't think I will be reading the next book and I would not recommend it, because there is no funny parts and no remarkable couple, Undying love, even interesting characters or even heat between them! It's just no.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews