My 2018 Goals // Books, Reviews and School //

January 02, 2018



As you must have noticed, I was absent from my Blog for about two years… Why? Because life and school and because the time I have to read books was almost zero. This for me was super sad because I love reading. I love getting to live someone else’s life for a couple of hours and live adventures that otherwise would be impossible to live. And I love writing as well, not only it improves my English (I’m Portuguese by the way 😊 ) but allows me to express myself and it's a challenge. I love challenges. So, recently I decided to give my blog a makeover (Insert awkward picture of Before below) and make it more user friendly and fun, more ME. And since then, I’ve had more time to read books and to write everything that I feel about them. And now, I plan on doing it forever. So I hope you don’t get sick of me.



(Before)
(This feels like forever a go and it's more pink then I remenbered.)

But going back to the purpose of this post – My 2018 Goals – which I have a ton. 

// Reading goals //

So far, on Goodreads I have my goals set at 70 books to read. I expect to read at least 120 in 2018, so I can have 10 reviews a month for yall, but I set it a 70 so, if I fail it won’t seem too bad. I do also want to explore some new authors that have interesting upcoming releases and even authors that I already know and love and re-read some things. Asides from that, I have a few series that I didn’t get to wrap up in 2017 so, I’m really expecting to get that done with in this first few months. It could be more ambitious but with school and all, I don’t want to exaggerate so far. But I hope I read a ton more than 70 books.



// Blogging Goals //

For my blog that I recently changed into a complete new identity, I want to create a voice for myself. I want this blog to start building trust within my followers, so that when you’re in doubt about reading a book you can come in here and decide, because you trust me. It won’t be easy, and I will be trying new techniques for reviewing and posting to see which one I like best, but I hope one day to get there. And I want to get more comments. It might seem crazy, but I really would love to get some feedback from you or just see that someone is reading what I’m writing. Am I doing okay? Is the blog good so far? So, for 2018 I want this blog to grow and have quality content always.

// School goals //

I’m currently in my last year of college in a Graphic Design school. I’m really torn about “what I want to be when I grow up” hahahahah just kidding. But I have a lot of doubts about what I’ll be doing in less than six months from now when school ends. So, whilst I’m here with the blog in the book community maybe I’ll find my way. I’ll see. My 2018 goals for school are to get my degree with good grades and then try to do something I am passionate about with it. Whish me luck. 

I think these are the main ones so far and I hope to achieve them all. If not all, then most of them. Because it’s not about being there, it’s about getting there. And I’m going to try my hardest to do so.

Happy 2018!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews