Raw by Belle Aurora. Book Review. ONLY READ THIS IF YOU HAVE ICE CREAM OR BOOZE!

January 07, 2014

Kindle Edition, 333 pages
 Published January 2nd 2014

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you'd think I'd be more screwed up than what I actually am. Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street. Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I'm educated, employed and damn good at my job. My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true. The world makes way for those who know where they are going. That’s me. I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him. I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel. It’s unconventional. But it’s real.I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.So am I.

This isn’t a story. This is my life


Book Review:

I cannot stop the blubbering mess i'm in right now and i've finished the book about an hour ago. Yes, IT HAS ONE OF THOSE ENDINGS. (Those ending that leave you feeling hopelessly sad and very angry, followed by loads of crying and ice cream). You know that RAW not going to have a happy ending because it already tell us in the description of the book but you keep on hoping... The thing is, that Belle doesn't care about our hopes and smashed them anyways.
He ushers me in, gives the driver my address, then says to me sadly, “Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero.” He pauses a moment, then adds, “The world needs villains too.”



This book is totally fucked up and it will fuck with your head and with your feelings until you can't see straight because at the same time it's uniqueness blow us apart. Its one of those books when in one minute everything is well and then all has gone to hell and exploded in our faces. I am Loving Belle Aurora right now because this book is a fucking masterpiece, i don't know how she did it but damn she's a genius. She writes it in a way that makes us so attached to the characters, like Lexi and Twitch mainly, that when something happens to them it literally messes with you too. It's a personal story that had me feeling more engrossed each time i turned a page and You won't be able to stop it once you've started it because it's so full of secrets and misleads that it's going to obsess you in finding out everything you can... And that's why Belle is a literary god.

I am still coping with Twitch's ending because it's mad and even a bit selfish. But i know it's only my angry self talking because it was one of the most selfless things i've ever see someone doing... But it's just makes it ten times sadder.

 Twitch or Tony is the perfect damaged character. He's crazy, angry and very intense and he's also a drug dealer. THE BOSS. He starts out at being Lexis's stalker which also made me go like: WTF? Why is this guy stalking her, doesn't he have anything else to do? But when we start to see his motives we realize that besides crazy he's obsessed with the past  and only wants to be able to control and possess Lexi. And then, when we start seeing a more personal side of him is bad and out of control but as soon as Lexi starts to get a hold of him, and accepting him for who he is you see a transformation... And suddenly the angry guy that has nothing to hold on to is trying to be better for himself and for Lexi. This is what i call a great Character because it gives us the bad with an intensity you've never seen before turning it into something good.
I could say I was just a damaged kid that grew up to be a broken man. 
I could. But I won’t. 
I don’t like labels. I won’t be defined by words like normal, unbalanced, or damaged. There’s so much more to me than words. I have layers, just like the next person, and if you picked me apart layer-by-layer, you’d find a blackened crust where my heart should be. But ever since Lexi came into my life, a thin bud of greenery sprouted there, giving me hope that even I could be the person who makes someone’s day better.


I confess that i was expecting a meh type of girl that would be cute and shit but had no real importance... Because when sometimes you have a strong guy the girl falters behind. Shit, i was wrong. Lexi is full of character and strength that is notable during the entire book but mainly in the end where she gives us everything she's got... She ran away from home when she was seventeen and now helps the kids who have no one else to rely on and live on the street or in halfway houses, so you see a really selfless side to her and how close she gets to those kids which was what made me like her in the first place. I thought it was weird that she had a stalker that made her feel "secure" but that was only in the beginning because after that i was like: i kind of want a stalker like that too... Little does she know that she's met her stalker when she was a kid and that information kept me from hating on her for being reckless. Also, this girl needs and thrives on being possessed and needs to feel someone there for her that will catch her and support her, but she won't stand there and listen to orders... You see the fightings this is going to lead to? Yap, she's full of fire.
I don’t want a knight in shining armor. 
I want a knight in scuffed armor. I want his helmet to have dents. 
I want my knight to be real, and dark, and savage. I want my knight to be a survivor. Someone who’s been tested and got through his trials. 
Not some pussy in gleaming metal. I don’t want gleaming metal. I don’t need a fucking knight. 
I need a fearless warrior. 
I need Twitch.

Now i know why Happy is called Happy... If you know what i mean. I want more of him! Like, an entire book! I loved him because he was always so helpful to everyone and so nice but mean at the same time, with his misleading words. 

There are a lot of minor character that i wished we had time to get to know better but asides from that this book it's timed perfectly with an unforgettable story!

Belle promises and delivers us a fantastic book that everyone should get their hands on to support this awesome author! And yes i'm still crying... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews