Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3) by Samantha Young. Book Review + Quotes

January 20, 2014

Published January 7th 2014 by NAL
352 Pages

One simple lesson in seduction between two friends can turn into so much more…

Despite her outgoing demeanor, Olivia is painfully insecure around the opposite sex—usually, she can’t get up the nerve to approach guys she’s interested in. But moving to Edinburgh has given her a new start, and, after she develops a crush on a sexy postgrad, she decides it’s time to push past her fears and go after what she wants.

Nate Sawyer is a gorgeous player who never commits, but to his close friends, he’s as loyal as they come. So when Olivia turns to him with her relationship woes, he offers to instruct her in the art of flirting and to help her become more sexually confident.

The friendly education in seduction soon grows into an intense and hot romance. But then Nate’s past and commitment issues rear their ugly heads, and Olivia is left broken-hearted. When Nate realizes he’s made the biggest mistake of his life, he will have to work harder than he ever has before to entice his best friend into falling back in love with him—or he may lose her forever…

Book Review:

These Books always break my heart a thousand times but leave me with a smile on my face in the very end. No one can beat Samantha Young when it comes to spicy romance and sexy time... She's the all mighty Queen of the Dublin Street so it's always really hard to make one of the three books the best because they were all amazing and we had those characters that were all flawed but worked so well together. But Before Jamaica Lane was beyond everything i was expecting and truly something to look out for. 


This book is so exciting. We've got Olivia, a twenty-six year old librarian (she had to be a librarian which was really cool) that is very insecure when it comes to her own body and when talking to guys she just can't form a single sentence (Lots of funny scenes that had me laughing so badly) . So in comes Nate, the guy that gets every girl he wants with his smooth talk and that is the total opposite of Olivia (He's SOOOO hot). Though strangely they are best friends and get along like it's nobody's business with their geeky talks and dirty jokes (Lots of dirty jokes!!!)... And one day Olivia gets enough of not being able to have a guy and decides to ask Nate for Help in EVERYTHING (if you know what i mean...) about kissing, talking and even in bed. And the trouble Begins... 
We both felt free to be who we were around each other, and we’d bonded over two things. One was our sense of humor. We were both a little nutty. Second was our inner geek. We both embraced our inner geek
I loved these two because we have the funny parts of them but they have this deep story of their past that bonds them and that will make you truly love them. Olivia lost her mother to Cancer not too long ago and Nate lost his first love to cancer as well when he was eighteen, so they know how to support each other and they are always there for everything... And from that they start to form a friendship than then turns into something more that Nate does not want to admit and Olivia can't give up on.


Nate is this carefree guy from the very beginning and that almost always hides behind a cocky attitude what he's really feeling. I loved seeing how he cherished his friendship with Olivia and the lengths he'll go to not destroy that... it's endearing. But, i also think that he liked her from the very first moment he laid his eyes on her and then after a few years he started to love her but got stuck on his promise to the only girl he admitted to love and couldn't give that to Olivia. (Which formed many heartbreaking moments).
I took it all and held on to it for a while.
And he let me.
 Because I think he knew that it wouldn’t be long before he yanked it all away from me

Oh my god i don't know how to start with Olivia because she cracks me up everytime she opens her mouth... Seriously, a guy is hitting on her and she doesn't even realises it and when they actually talk to her she just stands there. She's an amazing character that was introduced as well as Nate into the Dublin Street gang and fit in so well. She's funny but she's also got a story behind her and she's really easy to understand and to like because many girls will be able to put themselves into her place. I Loved how we could see how much she grew during the book from an insecure girl to a confident and amazing woman that wasn't afraid to fight. 
 ‘I’m going to die alone, Nate.’ 
And as unconsciousness pulled me toward it, I thought I heard him whisper, ‘Not on my watch, babe '
(...)
‘I thought you loved him.’
 ‘I do. I’m very much in love with him. But he won’t ever allow himself to love me the way he loved Alana. She was his big love. I want to be someone’s big love, Dad. I think I deserve to have the man I love love me back just as much.’
The Gang!!! Joss and Jo, Braden and Cam, Ellie and Cole!!!! I love that we still get tiny pieces of them and the continuation of their life's and even though it's not much, it's enough to keeps us happy and amazed. This book has so many strong emotions for Joss and Braden mainly (You'll see) and i am soooo excited about that!!!! All of them together form outstanding romances and show us that true love really does exist... The real world could learn a thing or two with these books. 
‘Do you like roses, Adam?’ Joss asked, grinning mischievously at Ellie.
 Adam blinked as he was drawn out of his discussion with Braden. ‘Sorry?’
‘Roses? For your wedding? Ellie wants them.’
‘Ellie can have what she wants.’
 Looking a little nonplussed, Joss asked, ‘You don’t have a say in it?’
 He frowned. ‘Nope. My only job is to turn up and say “I do.” ’ 
Joss made a face at Braden, who looked as though he was trying really hard not to laugh. ‘How come Adam gets the job I wanted in our wedding?’
Braden’s mouth twitched. ‘You could have had that job. I did offer to do everything myself.’
‘But …’ She glanced from him to Ellie to Adam. ‘There was definite emotional manipulation involved. Ellie’s not doing that to Adam.
Before Jamaica Lane is one of the best books that will make your day a lot better. You love it. You hate it. And in the end you learn so much with it. Samantha Young has an amazing capacity to build timeless stories and create characters that will stick with you... I love her. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews