Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista and Becca Ritchie... Book Review!

January 09, 2014

Kindle Edition, 324 pages
Published July 1st 2013 by K.B. Ritchie (first published June 13th 2013)
more details... ASIN: B00DE5EBZ8


She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.


No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.


Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they've pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They've mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.


But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.


Their real vice may be each other.

Book Review: 

Great, this book is all about overcoming addictions and i just gained a new one! This Book! Thanks a lot, Krista and Becca! I cannot even describe how much i enjoyed this book. It's has so much Drama, booze and sex topped with an intensity that makes it different from anything else you've read before. 
He’s here. I’m here. 
That’s all we need. 
It’s our greatest lie.

Addicted to You really portrays amazingly the addiction to booze and to sex. Lo and Lilly. Their need to fulfill their addictions is written is a way that makes us understand the rush they get whenever they get it and still lets us know that they're doing a bad thing, yet it doesn't let you judge. Even if you wanted you couldn't. Because you get  to know these two so well and understand why they crave it...

This book is beautifully written in a way that will leave you breathless because every chapter is more intense than the previous one. First you get them at the peak of their addiction and not wanting to admit what they feel for each other. Then they get together as a real couple after facing their feelings and because of that their addictions start kicking in into full force and destroying them. And last but not least you see them trying to get better but not succeeding because it's too much now and they finally will ask for help. It's too much all the time but it works for their story! It's amazing how many feelings of needing, despair and want the authors could put into simple words. 
He rubs my tears with his thumb. “I love you, but I want to love you enough that I never choose alcohol over you. Not even for a moment. I want to be someone you deserve. Who helps you rather than enables you, and I can’t begin to do that until I get help for myself.”


Lilly has no trigger that made her crave sex. She's still trying to understand her obsession but she can't see where it came from and that's why she will be the hardest one to get help but the easiest one to understand. If that makes sense... You'll never know just from looking at her that she's a sex addict, mainly because she blushes a deep shade of red each time a boy is mentioned and has a shy personality!!! I loved her as a character but she had my head spinning when her one night stands could have ended much worse and even got her hurt... She could be reckless! 
I would have liked him to say, sleep with me, I want to be with you, for real. Hell yes, I would have replied. Even if monogamy scares me more than anything, I would try it. For the whole purpose of having Loren Hale. I think I’ve always wanted it. With him. But I’m not so sure he feels the same.
Lo reminds me of Adrian from VA but a much worse case in a slightly more intense guy. He has the addiction to booze and he's stubborn as hell, so you'll see that it won't be easy to make him admit he has a problem.... His trigger? His controlling, moron of a father.  Every Time he's stressed or upset he picks up a bottle and drinks himself into oblivion... I hated seeing Loren like this. This book makes us grow fonder of a caring, loving guy that always supports his girl but also has an awful side that comes out a little too much. I think he's the worst of these two because his health is actually in danger for all the times he gets drunk from the age of thirteen with heavy booze. And to top that the book is super hard on him and all of the secrets that will shock us is also connected in some way to him. But, he still manages to look annoyingly hot throughout all of this. 
He pats his lap. “Come here.” His amber eyes swim with mischievousness. 
“I’m not dressed,” I retort. And the spot between my legs already pulses too heavily to be in touching distance of him. The thought electrifies my nerves. 
“You’re wearing a robe,” Lo rebuts. “I’ve seen you naked plenty of times.” 
“When we were kids,” I retort. 
“And I’m sure your breasts haven’t grown since then.” 
My mouth falls. “Oh, you are…” I find a pillow on the nearby chair and start assaulting him with it.
Connor and Ryke and Rose are the ultimate supporters! I loved them (well, maybe not Ryke because he was a smug bastard) but all of them had something unique to offer and always tried to help them even though they were refused many times... I do want to see more of Connor and Rose, mainly because now they are in a relationship and i feel like the world is going to explode from that.

I really hope the next book brings something better for these two because this was one mistake after mistake that lead into a big Clusterfuck... But i have high Hopes that Krista and Becca feel sorry for us and give us something fantastic next!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews