Elect (Eagle Elite, #2) by Rachel Van Dyken -- Book Review with LOTS OF QUOTES! --

December 18, 2013


Published in December 10th 2013 by Forever
256 pages
ISBN: 1455554227

Would you die for the one you love?

Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.
Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . .
 
Book Review:
 
YES! YES! YES! Elect was the BEST! I could not get my hands off this and I am kind of obsessing over Rachel's books right now... There is no words to explain how good the story was. A book where The Godfather and all it's seriousness meets a super funny comedy!  But in Elect there are much more surprises, much more drama, more gun shootings and much more hearts being broken...
 
This story gave so many mini heart attacks and I promise you that you'll never get bored while reading this. It's impossible. There is always something that will make you want to react, either that will make you cry, that will make you mad or that makes you laugh non-stop. This book Is far better than Elite because it just has much more story behind it and it pushes the characters to their limits whilst adding more action and suspense.
Nixon is a dead man! He will pull so many stuns in here and even be willing to sacrifice himself and his feelings for Trace just to give her an opportunity to be happy. Even if it means throwing her into Chase's arms... and he will do that loads of times. But he does all of this without loosing his trademark personality... if you know what I mean! He's still grumpy, he's still mad at the world and he's still talking about murdering someone like he's asking about dinner. But we love him that way. This book definitely gave us a new perspective to this guy who only let us see his tough exterior, and we got to see more of his past and childhood and dig deeper into his thoughts to really understand him as the Mafia Boss and the sacrifices he has to do in order to be the best Boss.
But if I was protecting her? If I was saving her life by driving her into another man’s arms? Would that redeem me in the end? Or just damn us all to hell?
(...)
" She loves you? Fine. Because, Chase. It’s never been about my wants or my needs. I can’t live if she’s unhappy. I can’t breathe if she’s upset. If being with you brings her that peace, then I want you to have her. I’ll be your best man at the wedding. I’ll babysit your kids when you want date night. Chase—” I swallowed the emotion in my throat and shook my head. “It’s about her.”

Trace is still addicted to Cows and squirrels and it's kind of turning obsessive. I think she needs help... We all know who Trace loves deeply but she will be confused to whom she wants to have a future with, mainly because Nixon is pushing her away to his cousin and Chase is there for her when Nixon seems to forget. Sigh. So this is a hard book on her because of that but also because there are people who want her dead again, and again she will have to hide and pretend. She goes trough many stages of her character personality, going trough her being super naïve one time to having to be strong and try not to break down with some of the news she's going to get. I love her even more now but mainly when she picked a gun and did a pretty courageous thing (you'll know if you read it)...
She grimaced. “I wish I could be more help. I feel like everyone’s risking so much for me and I’m not even doing anything to make it better. If anything it’s worse.” 
“Whatever.” Mo thrust her fork into the air. “Boots, things sucked before you came around. Nixon never smiled and I’m pretty sure if you hadn’t have shown up Chase would have gotten one of his professors preggo.”  
“Thanks, Mo.” Chase flipped her off. 
Chase is kind of the black sheep of the family and man, he's got balls for being strong enough to stand up to Nixon and trying to get the girl. But he does it and finally we see him fighting for something for himself, something that will make him happy. And even if he doesn't win I loved to see that he will go far just to make sure Trace is happy... He's sweet even though he's a previous world-renown Manwhore... Just kidding. Chase is going to be obligated to take on so many responsibilities and we can clearly see that he's not ready for many of them so it kind of brings him down a bit but Trace is always there to support him which I really loved to see.
Yes, just another problem. “Right, but you aren’t mine. Get it? It’s like getting a present for Christmas only to find out someone’s going to take it away on New Year’s.” 
“What kind of present am I?”  Trace laughed. “Come on, you can tell me.”  
“A bike.” I shook with laughter. “Because I would ride you so hard that you’d—” Her fist knocked the wind out of my stomach pretty effectively, ruining the arousal I’d had going for me about fifteen minutes ago.
(..)
 I made a choice. To share my soul with her. To be her everything—even if it meant I was going to get nothing in return—because I’d been given permission to do so—I decided I was going to steal her. No longer was it betrayal—it was survival.
In a world of Men the Women rule! Mo and Mil are kind of Bad Ass (and even Trace with her obsessions)... and I really would like to see them getting more time in the book because they are kind of awesome and really interesting.
 “Do I look like I need protecting?” 
“No,” I chuckled.  
“That would be a hell no,” Tex called from the front seat. “Play nice, Mil.” 
“Always do!” She walked back inside and shut the door.  
“She scares me,” Tex announced once we were on the road. I laughed. “Yeah, well imagine what she was like before reform school.” 
Eagle Elite is definitely a series that will keep you occupied throughout the night!! It should have a label that says: if you happen to live a boring life read me and instantly become cool. Yup, it's that good!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews