Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles 1) - Review

October 07, 2012

The book starts with a killer sentence:

"Had anyone told me that my entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, I would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please.One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone."

And of the back cover:

"I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish"


This story is and animated,  zombie filled, action packed awesome chronicle. 
The zombies are described as so realistic that i found myself travelling inside Alice in the fights quite often. All the ideas are new and the monsters are not our usual stupid, meat and flesh kind of zombies, they are spirits who can only be killed by other spirits. 
So how does our Alice gets to get revenge? By joining someone who has a certain group which can leave they're bodies and successively fight as spirit and kick some serious ass.  Oh yeah.
The Thing that is similar to Alice in wonderland is that we have our Rabbit back. But this time he's giving Alice warnings about when the zombies are coming for her. Cool right?
And if you are into love stories, this one has a serious decent one:

"To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies…."


Don't worry the book is not only love.  I promise. It may have a certain fill of instant first glance attraction but is so subtle that the book doesn't all resolve itself around it. And let's admit that Cole is awesome.
And even if you do not like the theme of the book, you must read it just due to his characters. They are so compelling and Kat deserves an award to most spectacular personality. And the guys are pretty cute as well. 

Wrapping it up. I gave the book 4.5 stars. It was well written and enjoyable. And Gena Showalter is and awesome author. 

“You’ll do great,” Cole said.
 “If I don’t…”
 “I can shove you out of the car and take over. I’ll be safe, easy as that.”
 The joke worked, causing me to chuckle weakly. “Funny.”


“Come in with me,” I said. “Stay.” I wasn’t ready to give her up. “If you don’t have anything else to do, that is.”

 “I don’t. You’re sure you want more of me, though? My dad says I can be hard to take in large doses.” -Oh my dear Kat :D










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews