Aftershock (Afterburn & Aftershock, #2) by Sylvia Day Review...

March 24, 2014

ebook, 116 pages
Published March 11th 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin

ISBN 1459245997

When it came to playing games, my lover Jax was a master strategist. He pulled strings behind the closed doors of D.C.’s most powerful political players, and somehow still found time to nearly sideline my career. What he didn’t know was that when I didn’t like the rules, I threw them out and made my own. I wasn’t going to let Jax get away with it. I wasn’t going to let him get away at all.

I loved Jax enough that it was impossible to give up. Jax loved me enough that giving up was the only end he’d consider. He didn’t think I could swim with the sharks. It was entirely my pleasure to show him that I’d already dived in…

Book Review:

 Jax and Gia are such an addicting couple, so intense and passionate and constantly fighting. And oh my, the way Jax says "Gia, baby..."... I could die of an heart attack right there! If you haven't read the first book, get to it! And if you did, i assure you that this one tops Afterburn by a mile!


“Tell me you love me, Jax.” 
There was a moment of silence. “Loving each other isn't our problem.” 
He hung up, leaving me holding on to an empty connection. As usual.
Afterburn didn't end on easy terms between these two and the blurb in Aftershock suggests an heavy revenge from Gia and hot controlling games between them... Well, we didn't get the revenge (sort of) but we got the sexy games!!! No wonder this is on the top of Cosmo Red Hot reads. It's soooo hot! And there is nothing better in the winter than this... It's like Sylvia Day just throws at our faces the chemistry between Jax and Gia and makes us watch while the relationship and the problems slowly start to blow up and then heal back together. It's a painful journey but it's damn good when you get to the end of Aftershock.
Still, I was honest and told him, “Being with you makes me feel lonely. It reminds me that I want to find someone to be steady in my life. Someone I can depend on.” 
“I wish I was that guy,” he said quietly. 
“Yeah. Me, too.”
Jax is even more controlling but much more of a man. He now knows exactly what he wants from Gia and what kind of future he wants with her. It's quite endearing watching this guy give himself fully to the girl he loves. And if before he was a prick and even avoided and tried to end their relationship for her best, now he doesn't  give a fuck and actually fights to be HER BEST. And Gia? Well, she was always my gal' but she's so much more likable now. Expect her to screw up a lot but that screw up is going to be in favor of getting Jax to herself permanently.
“I am the big bad wolf, baby,” he growled. “You want to be with me? You want to be my girlfriend? You want to go to parties with me...events...have dinner with the family?” 
“Yes!” I lifted onto my tiptoes. “I’m sick of being your booty call, Jax. You’ve got dozens of women for that. I deserve better!”
Sylvia Day just wrote another masterpiece with 116 pages where we just love the characters and Want to be them. And seeing as this is the last book.. I say the end was Fucking Perfect!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews