Real (Real, Raw and Ripped #1) by Katy Evans

April 15, 2013


Ladies and Gentleman, I give you.... RRRRIIIIIIPTEDEEEE!
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
"Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls

This story is perfect. The rawness, the despair and roughness, it's all paired inside a damaged guy who seeks comfort and equality in a girl who lost her dream and is just as lost as him. So we have a fighter with anger issues and a previous Olympic runner. I was surprised by how much this book touched me, i wanted to share the pain and happiness of the characters, i wanted to get involved and kick some serious ass, i wanted to pass out at some of the word because they were just so perfect!!!



 I've never read a book with as much emotion in between the letters as this work of art in front of me. Real is ass-kicking, with the best possessive and protective male character that can also enchant us with a look or just by that cocky smile or even a smirk.

Remington as a past, and a dark one, he was left by people he trusted so he has some serious trust issues. Though there is something with him and Brooke that just makes him want to give away his heart for her to take care, he wants a partner, a forever, who knows how it feels to leave something behind, to be left behind. And he gets that in Brook. Due to his secret he changes his moods all the time, but either is Black Remy, Blue Remy, Loving Remy, Dark Remy, Sweet Remy, Crude Remy, Twisted Remy, Caring Remy, vulnerable Remy, i fell in love with him cause it made him real, it made him perfect in his imperfect way.
"Give me a goddamned guarantee. I won't let you fucking leave me, and you're going to want to try. I'm going to be difficult and I'm going to be an ass, and sooner or later, you're going to have fucking enough of me."
Brooke was also a girl with a broken dream. She's a down-to-heart type of girl who doesn't have time to believe in love. She's real and broken just like Remy. She's going to support and find his darkest secrets and she's going to Hate and Love him.
"I love him. He's not just a star, he's the whole fucking sky to me. He's the sun and every planet in this galaxy."
The rest of the characters in Katy Evans world are just as precious, they are important and offer a helping hand trough out the whole story and progress of their life's.

This books is definitely five stars, with a great cast and beautifully written. Can't wait until the next one!!!.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews