Trapped (The Dr. van Wolfe Saga #1) by Amanda Byrd Book Review

April 02, 2018

37823573

// Goodreads //

Genre: Paranormal and Urban Fantasy / Dark
Rating: 4.5 stars
----------------


I'm stuck - stuck in this body with two blood-hungry beasts who happen to be relatively clueless to what being human means. Luckily, I still have that part of me, too. I realized a while ago what happened to make me this way and now I'm on a mission to find a cure without killing myself in the process.
I also may have the opportunity to buy a castle in England complete with gargoyles. Am I going to? You bet I am! But while I was there, I gained a follower of sorts - a watcher. I don't know who it is or why, but my monsters inside are helping me to figure it out. The watcher even followed me home - I feel them.
At least I can get back to helping my patients and finding that cure to rid myself of this werepireism. How will I ditch the watcher before they out me for the monster I truly am?


------------

Review:

Trapped by Amanda Byrd is a Paranormal Fantasy book. It tells the story of Miranda, who´s part werewolf, part vampire and human in her quest to find a way to get rid of the monsters inside of her, whilst defeating some bad guys along the way with the help of some awesome allies. What’s not to love about this?

Even before she became a werepire-human, she was a force to be reckoned with. Miranda had a way about her, verbal decimation she called it, because she could shut anyone up at any time.Resultado de imagem para damn girl gifs

This is a badass book for sure. The whole concept of this story is pretty cool and original. I’ve never read a book with a story like this or with characters that aside from being totally crazy still manage to win you over. It starts with a prologue that really grabs you in, but the first few chapters after that are a little slow. They do redeem themselves because after chapter six or seven the story starts to add up and I couldn’t put the book down after that.

In the book, you get all the elements of fantasy you could ever wish for such as gargoyles, vampire hunts, werewolves in quests for revenge and a crazy battle at the end. All of this written really beautifully and well explained. And you also get Dark elements, such as explicit killing scenes, hunts and blood drinking. All of this put together was awesome.  

Miranda has a dominant personality that comes across as rude all the time, but if I had two monsters inside of me, I’d be rude too. Not only is she tough and crazy AF, but her boyfriend Terry and best-friend Shiloh are too. All of them are characters that were really well written and though out. Always unpredictable and always interesting, whilst managing to complement one another in the story. I loved them, even though they weren’t exactly good guys.

Teddy shook his head and laughed. He was not evil in the same sense Miranda was, though he was just as twisted.

Overall, I’m left pleasantly surprised after reading this book. It’s original, cunning and different. The ending also left an opening for another book where the “cure” might actual exist. So, I’ll be counting the days until it comes out. If you’re looking for a small and good Dark fantasy book, then give this one a try. You won’t regret it.


*Arc Copy provided by author in exchange of Honest review :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow NOVA

NOVA Pageviews